(RADIATOR) ver 3.3 problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Sep 11 22:37:11 CDT 2002

Hello Rick -

This problem is usually caused by the radiusd process disconnecting from
the controlling process.

I notice the excerpt from the configuration file includes the
"Foreground" parameter - are you sure this is the configuration file
that is in use? You could also try using the "restartWrapper" program
that is included in the Radiator distribution to see if it behaves
differently (you should start it from the startup scripts rather than
from inetd. The advantage in using restartWrapper is that you can
configure it to send mail to an administrator if Radiator stops fro
whatever reason and the mail also includes the Perl error messages and
so on.

You could also specify the -foreground parameter in the command line run
from inetd:

	/usr/bin/radiusd -foreground -config_file .....

BTW - are you sure that "/usr/bin/radiusd" is actually Radiator?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au