(RADIATOR) %{Handler:name}

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Thu Sep 5 16:26:08 CDT 2002

Hi Hugh, long time no see...

I'm planning an installation with a bunch of front-end Radiator proxies
(using <AuthBy LOADBALANCE>) to an(other) bunch of Radiator back-end servers
that do the actual authentication against SQL servers.

Now, the front-end farm has the "dispatching" intelligence and the back-end,
the authentication intelligence...

By "dispatching" I mean:
"if it comes from such and such a NAS authenticate using of these back-end
servers"
"if the realm matches xxx authenticate against these bunch of back-ends"
etc...

I'm trying to generalize as much as possible and want to have short and
easily manteinable config files, so I'm doing a bunch of identfied AuthBy's
like this:

<AuthBy LOADBALANCE>
	Identifier Kind01

	include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/RetriesKind01.cfg
	include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/HostsKind01.cfg

	AcctFailedLogFileName %L/ACCT-LOST/Kind01/%Y-%m-%d.log
</AuthBy>

This would be the AuthBy to use for the "Kind01" kind of handlers...

Is there a way to have a "per AuthBy" special that has the "AuthBy"
Identfier? That is... a kind of "%{LocalVar:xxxx}" where the locality is wrt
the AuthBy...

Would %{Handler:Identifier} do that? or that would give me the Identifier of
the Handler that called this AuthBy?

Otherwise, would something along the lines of this work?:

<AuthBy LOADBALANCE>
	DefineFormattedGlobalVar KIND Kind01
	Identifier %{GlobalVar:KIND}

	include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/Retries%{GlobalVar:KIND}.cfg
	include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/Hosts%{GlobalVar:KIND}.cfg

	AcctFailedLogFileName %L/ACCT-LOST/%{GlobalVar:KIND}/%Y-%m-%d.log
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy LOADBALANCE>
	DefineFormattedGlobalVar KIND Kind02
	Identifier %{GlobalVar:KIND}

	include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/Retries%{GlobalVar:KIND}.cfg
	include %{GlobalVar:ConfigDir}/Hosts%{GlobalVar:KIND}.cfg

	AcctFailedLogFileName %L/ACCT-LOST/%{GlobalVar:KIND}/%Y-%m-%d.log
</AuthBy>

TIA.

--
Mariano Absatz