unauthenticated user

Nick Rogness nick at rapidnet.com
Wed Sep 4 21:52:56 CDT 2002

We keep getting wierd Accounting requests from USR gear that shows up as
username unauthenticated.  I searched the mail archives and other people
had this trouble but noone ever offered up a solution.  Yes, these only
come in as Accounting-Requests.  Never see any Auth-request's with this
stuff.

Here is a sniplet from a level 4 trace:

Code:       Accounting-Request
Identifier: 221
Authentic:  <219>`t<<2>#D8<11>Y<235>,4<153><230>]
Attributes:
        User-Name = "unauthenticated"
        NAS-IP-Address = X.X.X.X
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Session-Id = "526139"
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        Service-Type = Annex-Framed-Tunnel
        NAS-Port-Type = Async
        NAS-Port = 9
        USR-Interface-Index = 1265
        USR-Chassis-Call-Slot = 1
        USR-Chassis-Call-Span = 1
        USR-Chassis-Call-Channel = 9
        USR-Unauthenticated-Time = 0
        USR-Modem-Training-Time = 30
        Calling-Station-Id = ""
        Called-Station-Id = "*******"
        USR-Modulation-Type = v90Digital
        USR-Simplified-MNP-Levels = ccittV42SREJ
        USR-Simplified-V42bis-Usage = ccittV42bis
        USR-Connect-Speed = 34666_BPS
        Acct-Session-Time = 30
        Acct-Terminate-Cause = Lost-Carrier
        Acct-Input-Octets = 0