(RADIATOR) Hacking around an upstream issue.

Martin Edge martinedge at kbs.net.au
Tue Sep 3 19:18:12 CDT 2002

Hi Hugh,

The normal processing of Alives is fine. The fact we get Alives ensures I
can check the sanity of the SessionTable.
Each time an Alive record comes in, it updates the SessionTable for each
user's session

The NAS's appear to be sending an Alive packet for a Session after we have
received the Stop packet for the _same_ Session.

This is due to the first attempt to send the Alive packet failing, the NAS
waits 10 seconds for a retry. During this ten seconds, the user disconnects,
the NAS sends a stop record.

The NAS then sends off the second attempt for the Alive packet.

Consequently, the session is 'reopened' in my SessionTable, as the Alive
packet triggers a delete/insert .. for all intensive purposes I see a dead
session, which was actually already closed off.

Thanks
Martin