(RADIATOR) ipass Config Question

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Mon Sep 2 13:09:06 CDT 2002

Hi All, Hi hugh,

My config is as below. In the past when "we" discussed about the state column of the     RADONLINE
database not being reset appropriately resulting in IP-address pool being exhausted, you told me to
add the following lines to my config:
DeleteQuery update RADPOOL set STATE=0,TIME_STAMP=%t  where YIADDR='%0' or YIADDR='%{Class}'
to the AdressAllocator SQL clause and the following line to AuthBy DYNAADDRESS clause
AddToReply Class = %{Reply:Framed-IP-Address}
Okay, I removed them later when things seemed to have "stabilised" but I am thinking of reintroducing them again
- please let me have your views based on the config file below.
MAIN PROBLEMS.
I installed ipass NetServer 3.9 as stated in the instructions and also configured radiator (below) based on ipass
instruction for configuring radiator.
The problem is that somehow, radiator is still using the handler for my client rather than the special handler for ipass
 - <Handler Realm=myipass> which should cause it to proxy the request to the local ipass NetServer running on same
system.
Please note that the IP address I have radiator running on is e.d.f.211 .

I have also disabled the apache client I had running before because I guess there would be a conflict between apache
authentication and ipass NetServer since they both use localhost (127.0.0.1) in the client definitions for them?

Regards,
Tunde I.

# --- RADAR -------------------------
<Monitor>
 Username radar
 Password <mypassword>
</Monitor>
# Programs for Simultaneous-Use
SnmpgetProg  /usr/bin/snmpget
# SNMP access to radiator
<SNMPAgent>
 ROCommunity mysnmpRADsecret
 Port  162
 Managers 127.0.0.1, 192.168.10.8
</SNMPAgent>
# Online users
<SessionDatabase SQL>
 Identifier SDB1
 DBSource dbi:Oracle:radius00
 DBUsername  radius
 DBAuth   radius
#        DeleteQuery update RADPOOL set STATE=0,TIME_STAMP=%t \
#                where YIADDR='%0' or YIADDR='%{Class}'
</SessionDatabase>
# =======================================================
<AddressAllocator SQL>
        Identifier mySQLallocator
        DBSource        dbi:Oracle:radius00
        DBUsername      radiusgold
        DBAuth          radiusgold
# DeleteQuery update RADPOOL set STATE=0,TIME_STAMP=%t \
#  where YIADDR='%0' or YIADDR='%{Class}'

        DefaultLeasePeriod   172800
#        LeaseReclaimInterval 86400

# POOL ALLOCATION RULES
        <AddressPool viruse1>
                Subnetmask      255.255.255.255
                Range   a.b.e.31 a.b.e.60
  Range   a.b.e.62 a.b.e.91
        </AddressPool>
        <AddressPool viruse2>
                Subnetmask      255.255.255.255
                Range   a.b.c.52 a.b.c.100
  Range a.b.c.110 a.b.c.139
  Range a.b.c.150 a.b.c.200
  Range   a.b.c.225 a.b.c.250
       </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>

# =================== CLIENTs   =================================
<Client a.b.c.3>
        Secret <mypassword>
        DupInterval 0
        SNMPCommunity public
        Identifier viruse2
 IdenticalClients a.b.c.4 a.b.c.5 a.b.c.6 \
  172.31.1.6 172.31.1.4 172.31.1.8 192.168.10.5
 RewriteUsername s/^IPASS\/([^@]+)\@([^@]+)$/IPASS\/$1#$2\@myipass/
</Client>
<Client a.b.c.30>
# pattonRAS
        Secret <mypassword>
        DupInterval 0
 NasType Patton
 SNMPCommunity patt123mon
        Identifier viruse1
 IdenticalClients a.b.c.61 a.b.c.92
 RewriteUsername s/^IPASS\/([^@]+)\@([^@]+)$/IPASS\/$1#$2\@myipass/
</Client>
<Client localhost>
# ipass client for VNAS (incoming roamers)
 Secret <mypassword>
 Identifier ipassclient
 IdenticalClients d.e.f.212
 RewriteUsername s/^IPASS\/([^@]+)\@([^@]+)$/IPASS\/$1#$2\@myipass/
</Client>
#<Client 127.0.0.1>
# web server on this box
# Secret apache!:123
# DupInterval 0
# Identifier apache
#</Client>
# =================== AUTH BYs =================================
<AuthBy SQL>
        Identifier SQLStaffauth
        NoDefault
        DBSource        dbi:Oracle:radius00
        DBUsername      radius
        DBAuth          radius
        AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CHECKATTR from STAFF \
                where USERNAME = '%n' and STATUS = 'Enabled'
</Auth>
<AuthBy SQL>
 Identifier SQLClientauth
 NoDefault
 DBSource dbi:Oracle:radius00
 DBUsername radius
 DBAuth  radius
 AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CHECKATTR, REPLYATTR \
  from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME = '%n' \
  and STATUS = 'Enabled'
 AutoMPPEKeys
</Auth>
<AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
 Identifier myIPADDRESSauth
 Allocator mySQLallocator
# AddToReply Class = %{Reply:Framed-IP-Address}
# PoolHint %{Reply:PoolHint}
 PoolHint %{Client:Identifier}
 MapAttribute   yiaddr, Framed-IP-Address
 MapAttribute   subnetmask, Framed-IP-Netmask
 StripFromReply PoolHint
# policy = 4 (40bit), 2 (128bit), 6 (any)
 AddToReply MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy = 1, MS-MPPE-Encryption-Types = 6
 AddToReply MS-MPPE-Send-Key, MS-MPPE-Recv-Key
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
        Identifier pattonIPADDRESSauth
        Allocator mySQLallocator
 PoolHint %{Client:Identifier}
#        PoolHint %{Reply:PoolHint}
        MapAttribute   yiaddr, Framed-IP-Address
        MapAttribute   subnetmask, Framed-IP-Netmask
        StripFromReply PoolHint
</AuthBy>
###### proxy radius for IPASS
<AuthBy RADIUS>
        Identifier      ipassNetserver
        Host            d.e.f.211
        Secret          <mypassword>
        AuthPort        11812
        AcctPort        11813
</AuthBy>
#=================== HANDLERs   ================================
<Handler Realm=myipass>
 AcctLogFileName  %L/ipass/detail
 RewriteUsername  s/^IPASS\/([^#]+)\#([^@]+)\@myipass$/IPASS\/$1\@$2/
 AuthBy ipassNetserver
</Handler>
<Handler Client-Identifier=viruse2>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
#       remove @domain-name
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
 RewriteUsername tr/A-Z/a-z/
#        UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -
        MaxSessions 1
        AcctLogFileName         %L/account.log
        PasswordLogFileName     %L/password.log
        SessionDatabase SDB1
        AuthBy SQLClientauth
 AuthBy myIPADDRESSauth
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier=ipassclient>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        RewriteUsername tr/A-Z/a-z/
        UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -#
        MaxSessions 1
        AcctLogFileName         %L/account.log
        PasswordLogFileName     %L/password.log
        SessionDatabase SDB1
        AuthBy SQLClientauth
 StripFromReply Framed-IP-Address
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier=apache>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
 RewriteUsername tr/A-Z/a-z/
        UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -
        MaxSessions 1
        AuthBy SQLStaffauth
</Handler>

# DEFAULT HANDLER => handles any requests not in above