(RADIATOR) Blocking Access by Called-Station-Id

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Oct 29 16:55:01 CST 2002

Hello Dave -

You will need to do something like this:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckBlacklist
	Filename %D/badnumbers
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckUsers

# define Realms or Handlers

<Handler .....>
	AuthBy CheckBlacklist
</Handler>

The file "badnumbers" should contain something like this (I presume you
mean to check the number from which the call is coming?):

# badnumbers file

DEFAULT Calling-Station-Id = 4356080200, Auth-Type = Reject

DEFAULT Calling-Station-Id = 6080200, Auth-Type = Reject

DEFAULT Auth-Type = CheckUsers

On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 06:34 AM, Dave Birkbeck wrote:

> All,
>

> I am in the process of setting up a blacklist of access numbers. I
> would like to use an <AuthBy FILE> instead of <AuthBy SQL> since my
> list is so small. Can someone help me with the syntax of the file? So
> far this is what I have.
>

> <AuthBy GROUP>
>
>        IgnoreAccounting
>
>        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
>
>        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
>
>        <AuthBy FILE>
>
>            NoDefault
>
>            Filename %D/badnumbers
>
>        </AuthBy>
>

> # -- User Auth Section ---
>
>       <AuthBy SQL>
>
>            DBSource dbi:Sybase:server=*****
>
>            DBUsername ******
>
>            DBAuth ******
>

>            ****************
>
>            ****************
>
> </AuthBy>
>
>     </AuthBy>
>

> In the badnumbers file I have the following syntax and I cannot seem
> to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Called-Station-Id = "4356080200" Auth-Type = Reject
>
> Called-Station-Id = "6080200"   Auth-Type = Reject
>

> DEFAULT Auth-Type = Accept
>

> # --- End of file ---
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dave

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.