(RADIATOR) AuthBy DYNADDRESS and Emerald/Platypus 3.0

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Oct 29 01:05:21 CST 2002

Hello Matt -

It might be simplest to define an additional AuthBy SQL clause to do
the query and assign the returned value to the PoolHint attribute. Then
you just have to define your AddressPool's with those values directly.
Otherwise you can specify your own AuthSelect clause and the
appropriate AuthColumnDef in the AuthBy PLATYPUS clause. And you could
also use a hook of course.

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 04:46 PM, Matthew Taylor wrote:

> I wonder if someone might be able to suggest a simple way to trigger
> the
> use of an address allocator pool, based on when the customer.accttype
> field in Platypus (running in RADIUSNT mode) contains one of a few
> values?
>
> I need a way to set PoolHint for a couple of different values of the
> accttype field. In the absence of these matching values, I want the
> usual NAS based address allocation to occur, which is based on the
> settings in the Type Attributes for that accttype configuration in
> Platypus.
>

> Regards
>

> Matthew Taylor
> Senior Network Engineer
> CNN Internet Pty Ltd

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au