(RADIATOR) weird setup

Bogdan TARU bgd at icomag.de
Thu Oct 17 12:07:21 CDT 2002

	Hi guys,

 I have a weirdo requirement and don't know how to implement it in the
radiator. So this were the requirements up until now:

1. all users should go through. No authentification is done.
2. the users should be disconnected after, let's say, 45 minutes

 That mean I had a row in a mysql database saying:

User | attribute
dc   | Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP,Session-Timeout=2700

 And in the radiator I had the setting:

 AuthSelect select attribute from users where user='dc'

 That meant the Cisco dialin machine got an answer to disconnect the user
after 45 minutes.

 The new requirement is that we should have some special 'usernames',
which get disconnected after, let's say, an hour. Making a new realm
setting for them is out of the question (don't ask why). So, if the user
'a' can surf net only for 45minutes, the user 'b' should be able to surf
the net for 60minutes.

 What I could do is create a new row in the database, so that I'll have:

User | attribute
dc   | Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP,Session-Timeout=2700
b    | Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP,Session-Timeout=3600

 But I don't know how to construct a query in MySQL to return me
attribute_2700 in case user != 'b' and attribute_3600 if user == 'b'. Of
course, mysql doesn't support subselects, and changing the database is not
really an option.

 So, could you enlighten me and tell me what's the easiest way of doing
this?

 Thanks,
 bogdan

iCom Media AG