(RADIATOR) tigris and accounting

Magnus Drougge magnus.drougge at rixtelecom.se
Tue Oct 15 05:10:56 CDT 2002

Hugh,

Everything looked ok as far as radiator is concerned (logs, debug
printouts and configuration) so I decided to dig really deep in the
Tigris (as you suggested) before I sent any more info to you.

It turned out that a one-liner in the configuration disabled all
accounting requests on the dial-up realm. That Tigris in all other
aspects were properly configured for radius accounting didn't matter
once that following line was executed:

SET SERVICE PROFILE ACCOUNTING OPTION "###" OFF

So now everything seems to work as it should. One thing bothers me
though. Why did we receive any accounting requests at all when Tigris
was told not to send them for that particular realm? Hmm, I'll have
to spend som time figuring that one out. I really dislike being
ignorant.

Thanks for your help, although I didn't receive a definitive answer
I wouldn't have stumbled upon the solution without your
recommendations.

Regards,

/Drougge
Magnus Drougge          Systemutveckling, Drift           ICQ #9058792
Rix Telecom AB             www.rixtelecom.se          +46-31-780 00 00

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Magnus -
>
> I think you should do several things:
>
> 1. check a debug on the Tigris to see whether or not the accounting
> packets are being sent
>
> 2. run a tcpdump/snoop/ethereal/whatever packet sniffer on the wire(s)
> to see whether the packets are there
>
> 3. check a trace 4 debug from Radiator to see whether Radiator is
> seeing the requests
>
> It may be that the Tigris is not configured correctly, or it may be
> that there are packet filters stopping the requests in transit (or the
> accounting responses from getting back).
>
> To say any more, I will need to see copy of your Radiator configuration
> file (no secrets) together with a trace 4 debug showing what is
> happening.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh

[snip]