(RADIATOR) FailureQuery quoted string

Jason Signalness jsignalness at btinet.net
Thu Nov 21 16:35:37 CST 2002

Hello,

I tried to post this a few hours ago, but it didn't show up in the list
for whatever reason.  I apologize if it shows up twice.

We make use of <AuthLog SQL> to log authentication failures to an SQL
database (Oracle).  After upgrading to Radiator v3.3.1, this fails.

The reason is that we use a %1 in the FailureQuery parameter to log the
error.  The single quotes that are now a part of %1 (the quoted reason
string for the failure) messes up our SQL syntax.

Is there any way to get just the reason string, without the quotes?

Here's my <AuthLog SQL> clause:

# Log authentication FAILURES to the database for  customers.
<AuthLog SQL>
         Identifier BTIAuthLoggerSQL
         DBSource        dbi:Oracle:<hidden>
         DBUsername      <hidden>
         DBAuth          <hidden>

         Timeout                 10
         FailureBackoffTime      60

         FailureQuery    BEGIN radius.logAppAction('%n','rad','LOGIN
FAILED (%h): %n (%1)','error','%c'); END;
</AuthLog>

Thanks in advance,

--
Jason Signalness, Systems Administrator