(RADIATOR) LDAP return code

Bruno Tiago Rodrigues bofh at netc.pt
Mon Nov 18 12:20:53 CST 2002

Hi all

We're starting to use radiator on a test environment where we're using some
strange e-commerce vendor implementation of a database which uses the LDAP
protocol for querying and returning data.

I've been able to query all the data I want to, using the standard authby
LDAP2 configuration, but the decision whether the user will be able to use
the service is given by the return code of the LDAP search operation (they
use return=0 for a "good" user and a custom error message return=99 for a
"bad" user). Is there any easy way to accomplish this (i.e.: any special
variable I can use which holds the return code)?

I can just use the authby LDAP2 definition to connect to the server and then
use a post Auth hook to analyse the return code... Is this a clean approach
to my problem?

thanks in advance

Vizzavi Mail powered by Vodafone - http://www.vizzavi.pt
Virus protected by TrendMicro - http://www.antivirus.com