(RADIATOR) Removing a second Proxy State attribute.

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Nov 15 00:53:20 CST 2002

Hello Jason, Hello Eric -

This will work for the reply packet being sent back to the NAS,
assuming that the Proxy-State attributes are identical.

However, if you are in the middle of a chain of proxy servers, this may
not be the correct solution.

The radius RFC (2865) states that there can be zero or more (ie.
possibly more than one) Proxy-State attributes, with each hop in a
chain of proxy servers responsible for adding and removing its own
Proxy-State attribute.

You will need to analyse exactly what is required, and then implement
whichever hook is appropriate.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au