(RADIATOR) Re: RADIATOR RADIUS for Cisco AP 350

Bon sy bon at bunny.cs.qc.edu
Mon Nov 11 15:52:11 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Mike McCauley wrote:

> Hello Bon,
>
> How is your project coming along?

We are getting there but a bit slower than I plan. I got tied up by the
responsibility for taking a lead on a multi-institutional grant proposal
that was just completed a week ago. This activity pushes back the RADIUS
project schedule for a month. ETA now is the end of this semester.

> When will be able to make some joint announcements?

I hope to be able to do so toward the end of Dec or early Jan.

> We have a 340 here, which I think is very similar to your 350.
>
> It is very important that you get the latest firmware for both the AP and the
> client wireless card (if its a Cisco wireless card).

Mine is the latest already. System firmware 12.00T, Radio Firmware 5.02B

> To get basic radius authentication working, you should only need to set up the
> setup -> security -> authentication server page.

I did this part already, and more in my posting to the mailing list.

> If your Radiatror is not receiving any requests from the AP when a client
> tries to authenticate, it probably means that you have entered the wrong
> address for your Radiator server, or the wrong port number. Note that the
> default port that Radiator uses is 1645, but the default that Cisco use is
> 1812. We usually change the Cisco config to 1645 on the Authenticator
> Configuration page.

I am running both the AP and radius out of 1645, even Cisco said that 1645
is for their own ACS while 1821 should be used for radius. But I use 1645
on both ends.

Even if I assume the problem is wrong address or port number, should I not
see the packets sending out using radius protocol while I monitor the
subnet using ethereal? Ethereal displays all the packets traffic in my
subnet.

I am not at the location of the AP now. I will do a screen dump of my AP
setup and email you the next few hours when I get to the location of the
AP.

Thanks for the help!

Bon

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au