GRIC roaming

Craig Gittens craig.gittens at sunbeach.net
Fri Nov 8 11:07:56 CST 2002

Hey list,

I am a newbie (please be gentle) and I didn't setup our Radiator systems
although I think they are the best! Ok enough of that..... :)

I want to set up GRIC roaming for our ISP. We currently strip out all realms
information so we get a plain old user/password combo and authenticate
against our SQL Db's.

I saw the setup for GRIC in the ref guide and the IgnoreAcctSignature
setting that is needed as well in the FAQ.

This is how it currently looks:

<Realm DEFAULT>
	RewriteUsername s/^(.*)\\(.*)/$2\@$1/
	RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

So what I would like to do is not have to educate all my users into using
@sunbeach.net in their dialup username. Is there a way to accomplish that if
you don't get authenticated by my DEFAULT realm where I strip the username
down it would send the original request (i.e. user at domain.com) to the next
REALM I specify?

What are other ISPs doing with GRIC? WOuld you be so kind as to post your
configs for GRIC or email me directly?

I really appreciate the help....also is there an archive of this list? I
couldn't find one to see if these questions had been asked before....

Regards,

Craig.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS etc.