(RADIATOR) Differentiating between user database problems and login failures

Jason Signalness jsignalness at btinet.net
Thu Nov 7 09:37:56 CST 2002

Hello,

I'm working to set up a new Radius server.  Essentially, we want it to
behave like this:
1) Check our LDAP directory
2) Check out Oracle db
3) If there are problems reaching either database, let someone know.

 From what I've heard, it's not possible to tell the difference (with
Radiator) between failed logins (bad passwords, invalid users, etc) and
database problems (such as an unreachable LDAP directory).

Is this true?  If not, how can one go about detecting these failures in
an AuthBy or Handler clause?

Jason Signalness, Systems Administrator
Basin Telecommunications, Inc.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au