(RADIATOR) Radiator 3.0 - load testing

Riza Kamalie riza at worldonline.co.za
Wed May 29 03:05:30 CDT 2002

Hi,

We have just upgraded to radiator 3.0 on a SPARC IIi system using AuthBY
LDAP (which works fine) and
started writing accounting both locally and to a oracleDB hosted to a
seperate server, the problem that
we have encounted it that the performance has decreased some what when
writing to an DB and in turn
causes backlog to the nasses, due to outstanding accounting requests, my
question how do you guys
test load issues against your server re: the performance and tuning table in
the radiator 3 manual?

The way we have do it was using radpwtst -acct_port -noacct to a config
script on port x which wrote accounting
to our database. Using the RADAR real time graph we could see the total
accounting requests it handled was
done poorly by the DB

 SQL->Oracle (10000 users)
     13
     *
     *
     *
     *

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

Riza Kamalie
Systems Administrator
Engineering
Worldonline
A Division of Tiscali (Pty) Ltd
+27 (21) 940 9702
+27(0) 82 992 2027
riza at za.tiscali.com
http://www.worldonline.co.za

If you want your dreams to come true, don't oversleep.