(RADIATOR) EAP-MD5 with XP

Tom Rixom tom.rixom at alfa-ariss.com
Tue May 28 05:52:56 CDT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to get Radiator to run using EAP-MD5 with a Windows XP client and a Cisco 350 WLAN AP.

I am not yet familliar with Radiator yet, but I would like to get EAP-MD5 up and running as fast as possible.

I used the test programs and it checked out fine.

To test EAP-MD5 I:

- used the simple.cfg file with an extra addition: EAPType MD5-Challenge.
- used the sample user file as the user database.

I tried to log on using: username fred, password fred.

When I connected using the Windows XP client Radiator received the access-request packet,
looked in the user db and then sent an access-challenge. Windows XP however then responded
with an access-request packet again... instead of the access-response.

Is their something I need to change in the sample user database file to allow it to work with EAP?

Best Regards,

Tom Rixom

Alfa & Ariss
Network Security Solutions