(RADIATOR) Problem with Authentication and accounting

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon May 27 06:47:26 CDT 2002

Hello Akin -

I will need to see a trace 4 debug from Radiator showing what is happening.
It may very well be the case that the Cisco is not even sending any radius
requests at all, in which case you will need to sort out the Cisco
configuration before you start to worry about Radiator.

BTW - here is an FAQ item on this topic:

<<<>>>

How do I configure a Cisco NAS for Radius? You will need something like this
in your Terminal server configuration:

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login DIAL-SCRIPT-USERS radius
aaa authentication login TELNET-USERS local
aaa authentication ppp PAP-USERS if-needed radius
aaa authorization network radius
aaa accounting network start-stop radius
radius-server host 1.2.3.4 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server key blahblahblah

 You will probably want to use these reply attributes in order to enable PPP
sessions:

        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

 There is a description of Cisco's use of Radius attributes for IOS 12 in
RADIUS Attributes overview.

<<<>>>

You should also check the Radiator archive site:

	http://www.open.com.au/rachives/radiator

and the Cisco web site:

	http://www.cisco.com

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au