(RADIATOR) Access SQL 2000 from Solaris 8

Sysadmin sysadmin at bigbrain.net
Thu May 23 14:58:43 CDT 2002

Hello,
  I've taken on the challege of getting my Solaris 8 x86 server talking to
my W2K server running SQL 2000.  I've read through the FAQ and still have
a few questions before I start installing.  I would like to do it with the
freeware products available if possible.  I was looking at freetds and
DBD-sybase.  The radiator faq talks about sql 2000, but from the freetds
faq, it
says sql 2000 is not fully supported and to use TDS 7.0.  I'm confused
about the different formats.  Will TDS 7.0 actuall work with sql 2000?
I'm going to be interfacing with the accounting package Platypus.
Once these two packages (and any other dependant packages) are installed,
I should just be able to configure radiator's config file to AuthBy
PLATYPUS with the correct information?
  Is anyone else runs solaris 8 x86 with radiator and sql 2000?

Thanks

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au