(RADIATOR) upgrading radiator

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue May 21 19:18:44 CDT 2002

Hello Nir -

This has been discussed on the list many times, however here is what I do:

	Create a suitable source directory.

	mkdir /usr/local/src/Radiator

	Download the source distribution.

	Unpack the distribution.

	zcat Radiator-3.0.tgz | tar -xvf -

	Move to the distribution directory.

	cd Radiator-3.0

	Build the distribution (**DO NOT INSTALL**)

	perl Makefile.PL; make; make test

	Now run the executables from here.

	./radiusd ....

	./radpwtst .....

	Set up your startup files with the full path names.

	/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-3.0/radiusd .....

This way you can keep as many different versions of Radiator as you wish, and
it is very easy to run whichever version you wish to. You will also know
which version you are running when you do a "ps .....".

Hope that helps.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au