(RADIATOR) qwest and stop packets

Leon Oosterwijk leon at isdn.net
Mon May 20 15:21:58 CDT 2002

We have our own NAS units and altough we see duplicates they are not as
excessive as you describe. We eliminate the dupes by placing a UNIQUE-Key on
the Sessionid-NASID-Username fields. This prevents more than one entry for
the same user on the same NAS with the same SessionID. (**extremely** rare
occurance within one month). Because we rotate out the accounting records
each month we minimize the possibility of this happening. You would be wise
to eliminate the duplicates in your network, but because of the nature of
UDP you will never be able to fully rule out the possilibity of dupes. You
will need some kind of unique-fier to get rid of your dupes.

Sincerely,

Leon Oosterwijk
ISDN-NET Inc.
(615) 221-4200