(RADIATOR) passing information between Radiators and authby question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue May 14 19:02:57 CDT 2002

Hello Viraj -

We have recently created the "OSC-AVPAIR" vendor specific attribute in the
Radiator dictionary for exactly this purpose:

VENDORATTR      9048 OSC-AVPAIR                 0 string

The attribute can be used like this:

	AddToRequest OSC-AVPAIR = ".........."

You can put anything you like in the string "..........".

As you mention, the Class attribute is the only way to have a NAS add
something to the accounting requests sent for a particular session.

Finally, your configuration file and users file should probably look
something like this:

# define Client clauses

<Client 1.1.1.1>
	Identifier SomethingUseful
</Client>

<Client 2.2.2.2>
	Identifier SomethingUseful
</Client>

<Client 3.3.3.3>
	Identifier SomethingElse
</Client>

<Client 4.4.4.4>
	Identifier SomeOtherThing
</Client>

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy .....>
	Identifier DoA

<AuthBy .....>
	Identifier DoB

<AuthBy GROUP>
	Identifier CheckUsers
	RewriteUsername .....
	AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
	AuthBy DoA
	AuthBy DoB

# define Handlers

<Handler Client-Identifier = SomethingUseful>
	AuthBy CheckUsers
</Handler>

Now the above does not correspond directly to what you describe below, but
you should get the idea (if not please ask more questions).

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au