Fw: (RADIATOR) MS-CHAP v2 killing radiusd

Tunde Itayemi aitayemi at taralos.metrong.com
Mon May 13 15:32:55 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Tunde Itayemi
To: Tunde Itayemi
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) MS-CHAP v2 killing radiusd

Hi all,
new development - I downloaded SHA perl module and installed it. Now, the radiusd does not crash
anymore but I can't get it to authenticate with MSCHAPv2. I get the message below when I do a VPN
to my radius server:

Verifying username and password...
Error 778: It was not possible to verify the identity of the server.

Also, I noticed that the logfile states that radiator is sending access-accept packets to the NAS (windows 2K server) and yet, I keep getting the message above on the test client. Bu the
password.log gives messages of the form:

Mon May 13 21:20:27 2002:1021328427:mikem:UNKNOWN-MS-CHAP-V2:fred:PASS

Any ideas about all these discrepancies?

Tunde I.