(RADIATOR) hrm.. dynaddress config issues..

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed May 8 04:12:05 CDT 2002

Hello Jeremy -

I suspect the problem is your definition for PoolHint:

     PoolHint            %{Reply:NAS-Identifier}

as there will not normally be a NAS-Identifier attribute in the reply packet
that is going to be returned to the NAS.

You should probably do this instead:

     PoolHint            %{NAS-Identifier}

You may also find that it is much easier to do this as follows:

# define Client clauses with Identifiers

<Client 1.1.1.1>
	Identifier WA
</Client>

<Client 2.2.2.2>
	Identifier WA
</Client>

<Client 3.3.3.3>
	Identifier SA
</Client>

<Client 4.4.4.4>
	Identifier SA
</Client>

# define AuthBy DYNADDRESS with Client-Identifier as PoolHint

<AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
    Identifier          ADSLDYNADDRESS
    PoolHint            %{Client-Identifier}
    AddressAllocator    ADSLAllocator
</AuthBy>

# define AddressAllocator with AddressPool's
# corresponding to each state (or whatever)

<AddressAllocator SQL>
    Identifier  ADSLAllocator
    Log         DebugDump #we're dubugging,  so watch it all
    DBSource    dbi:mysql:dbname=radius;host=somehost
    DBUsername  xxxxxxxx
    DBAuth      xxxxxxxx
    DefaultLeasePeriod 3600
    LeaseReclaimInterval 1800
    FindQuery   select TIME_STAMP, YIADDR, SUBNETMASK from RADPOOL \
                where POOL='%0' and STATE=0 order by TIME_STAMP LIMIT 1
    <AddressPool WA>
        Range 192.1.1.1 192.1.1.50
    </AddressPool>
    <AddressPool SA>