(RADIATOR) Static IP assignment

Stephen Malenshek stephen at valuelinx.net
Thu Mar 28 00:12:39 CST 2002

I am needing to assign specific addresses to users on an individual
basis.  I have created the following tables in PostgreSQL and I am
needing to know what information needs to be specified in the radius.cfg
file to complete the transaction:

radius=# \d subscribers
              Table "subscribers"
 Attribute |          Type          | Modifier
-----------+------------------------+----------
 username  | character varying(50)  | not null
 realname  | character varying(50)  |
 passwd    | character varying(50)  |
 epasswd   | character varying(50)  |
 uid       | integer                |
 gid       | integer                |
 homedir   | character varying(90)  |
 huntgroup | character varying(30)  |
 staticip  | character varying(22)  |
 shell     | character varying(50)  |
 checkattr | character varying(200) |
 replyattr | character varying(200) |
 status    | character varying(30)  |
Indices: realname_i,
         subscribers_pkey,
         username_i

The Huntgroup is a field to define what access server they are
connecting to, and staticip is the address assignment if they connect to
the access server specified in the huntgroup field.  The main problem I
see with this is what happens if I need to specify multiple nas
assignments with different addresses on each nas.  Would this be easier
to do this with it's own individual table for this function?  Thanks for
your thoughts and information.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au