(RADIATOR) Re: Radiator 3.0

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 26 17:03:09 CST 2002

Hello Eapen, Hello Everyone -

The question of dealing with upgrades comes up now and again, so here is my
approach to installing and running different versions of Radiator.

1. create a directory for the Radiator distributions

	mkdir /usr/local/src/Radiator

2. change to that directory

	cd /usr/local/src/Radiator

3. move the source tarball to this directory

	mv ...../Radiator-3.0.tgz .

4. unpack the distribution

	zcat Radiator-3.0.tgz | tar -xvf -

5. change to the distribution directory

	cd Radiator-3.0

6. build the distribution (**DO NOT INSTALL**)

	perl Makefile.PL; make; make test

7. now run the executables from here for testing

	./radiusd ......

8. in your startup scripts use the full path name to run radiusd

	/usr/local/src/Radiator-3.0/radiusd .......

This way you can keep multiple different versions of Radiator on the same
host and run whichever version you want to just by changing the startup
script and without disturbing anything else.

Note that when you build and install MD5, DBD, DBI, etc., they are installed
directly into the Perl hierarchy and are therefore available for whatever
version of Radiator you are running.

Hope that helps.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au