(RADIATOR) Radiator and passwords

Tunde Itayemi aitayemi at taralos.metrong.com
Thu Mar 21 09:09:28 CST 2002

Hi,

I am not sure, but I seem to remember a reference to the fact that it is possible
to get radiator to dump the passwords it receives in access-request packets
into the log file (in actual plain text format) - does it have to do with the configured
trace level or what?

We are trying to migrate (away) from Windows Active Directory and it would be nice if we
could just configure RRAS to authenticate against radiator running on redhat, and
have radiator dump the user name/passwords into its log, say for the first day or two.
We would then manually key these passwords into an Oracle database which radiator
would in turn use for authentication.

We have most of the passwords already, but we still have probably over two hundred - or
more (other) clients for whom we do not have passwords.

Regards,
Tunde Itayemi.