(RADIATOR) Outgoing traffic IP on multi-homed host

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Mar 17 19:27:48 CST 2002

Hello Japheth -

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:11, Japheth Cleaver wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We're using Radiator to consolidate several formerly separate RadiusNT
> boxes into one, and we've run into an issues as follows:
>
> When Radiator is set to bind to all addresses (ie, w/o a BindAddress line),
> it looks like it responds back to the Client on the first available IP, and
> not necessarily from the IP the request came in on. Unfortunately this is
> confusing several of our Clients as they're not expecting a response from
> that IP and apparently silently ignore it.

Understood.

> We've tried multiple BindAddress lines, but it seems to only pay attention
> to the last one. Does Radiator support specifiying more than one?

No.

> Does anyone know of a way to get Radiator to respond back on the IP
> something came in on on a multihomed host, without apparently running a
> separate copy of radiator bound to each IP address? Or am I just stupid and
> missing something simple? =)
>
> This is with Radiator 2.19 on RH Linux 7.2.

You are correct when you say the only way to do this is by running separate
instances of Radiator on different IP addresses (and possibly different port
numbers as well).

The source IP address used for the reply packet is usually determined by the
operating system, rather than Radiator.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au