(RADIATOR) unknown ports

Jim Liebgott jliebgot at eni.net
Thu Mar 7 14:02:53 CST 2002

Ronan Eckelberry wrote:

>         And you only see these ports open when you are running Radiator.
> If you kill radiusd, the ports are no longer open?

indeed.  Furthermore, I use the "-p" option to netstat, which displays
the process ID that has bound a given port, and those ports are
conclusively bound by the radiusd daemon process.

As an update, it looks like the socket bindings are more persistent than
I thought.  They don't change after a day; I was mistaken when I said
that earlier.  I haven't seen these sockets close and re-open like I
previously indicated, I was confusing the port numbers from two
different servers.  On each server, the sockets bindings haven't
changed.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au