(RADIATOR) SNMP config (also X please)

Tunde Itayemi aitayemi at taralos.metrong.com
Wed Mar 6 13:38:11 CST 2002

Hi All,

I have a default radiator install. I have set it up to use an Oracle DB for authentication.
But I can't seem to be able to get it to use SNMP. The snmp program is installed by
default in RedHat 7.2 (/etc/snmp) but I don't know even the first thing to do to configure
it. Can someone give me a simple config?
Currently, the SNMP section of my radius.cfg looks like (the default):

<SNMPAgent>
       rocommunity     RadiatorCommunity
       Port            162
</SNMPAgent>
Radiator just complains about it so I have commented it out for the time being.
==================================

Okay, I know this is not the forum for Xwindows, but I do desparately need help - may be
there is an X guru out there :-)

I am trying to get a RedHat Linux 7.2 box to display a GUI login screen remotely.
I have been at it forever and I still can't make it work - not even from one RedHat box
to another!

My problem is to get RedHat Linux to display the kde LOGON screen remotely on an
X server running on a Windows 2000 box. As I can make out from hitting tens on web
pages, there is not list of commands stated to use to do this.
I have tried Xwin32, MIX server, XThinPro, Omni-X etc.
With some of them I get the cryptic "too many retransmission..." message.
I have done all the Xaccess and Xserver bits.

Are you familiar with any of the windows Xservers above, or do you no
one that works? I was able to get XThinPro (from LabTam Inc.) to display
the Solaris 8 login screen - why not redhat?

Please HELP.

Regards
Tunde Itayemi.

NB: I can make it to display xterm, xload etc on my windows Xserver,
but not the login screen. Currently, the Linux boxes are setup with KDE