(RADIATOR)

Hello World newbie at digitelone.com
Sat Jun 8 07:52:31 CDT 2002

Gurus out there,

I'm currently using Radiator 2.19 on a Redhat Linux platform.  I've setup a relaying AAA server named "Server A" that accepts 3 types of users namely: "user", "user at roaming", and "user at prepaid".  Whenever users connects, "Server A" checks if a realm is matched, thus, if "Server A" found a username "user at roaming" then it passses the authentication and accounting to "Server B" and then "Server B" for verification and logging. On the other hand, if "Server A" detects "user at prepaid" then its passed to "Server B" and when "Server B" found that the username connecting is "user at prepaid" then it passes the authentication and accounting to "Server C".

Now here's the problem ... for example user "abcd at prepaid" connects and uses the internet for surfing with a remaining time of 2 hrs on his internet card.  Even if he exceeds 2 hours, he is still online - he doesn't get disconnected.  However, if he disconnects and tried connecting again "Server C" knows that user "abcd at prepaid" doesn't have free time remaining to access the net.

Additional INFO:

- I'm using Cisco 2511 with asynchronous modem connect to accept dialin access.
- No problem on authentication since the AAA knows if there's a right or wrong username and password.

Question:

- How can I resolve the problem that when a certain user consumes the free hours then he/she will automatically be disconnected from RAS ?

Thanks.

Deejay