(RADIATOR) RADIATOR authentication

Akinpelu akinpelu at microaccess.com
Thu Jun 6 05:30:23 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Below is the content of my radius.cfg but the Radiator is not authenticating
the clients rather the authentication is being done by the Cisco Access
server.

<Client IP add. of the NAS>
        Secret ...
</Client>
#<Client DEFAULT>
# Secret mysecret
# DupInterval 0
#</Client>
<Realm domain name>
 <AuthBy FILE>
  Filename %D/users
 </AuthBy>
 # Log accounting to a detail file
 AcctLogFileName %L/detail
 MaximumSessions 1
</Realm>
AuthPort 1645
AcctPort 1646

Is the configuration enough to make the Radiator authenticate clients or I
still need to modify it? And if I need to modify it, what do I do pls?

Below is the configuration on the NAS (Cisco AS5300):

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication ppp ppp-radius if-needed radius local
aaa authorization network default radius local
aaa accounting network default start-stop radius
radius-server host (IP Address) auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server key ...

(2) The time in the logfile does not correspond to the time on the Radius
server and the NAS, what could be responsible this pls? Although, the date
is correct.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Akin.