(RADIATOR) Ascend-Xmit-Rate problem

Gary Moe gmoe598 at neonova.net
Wed Jun 5 10:16:41 CDT 2002

Romain,

I also started to get the below message in my logs after I upgrade from
2.19.0 to 3.1.

      WARNING: Invalid reply item Ascend-Xmit-Rate ignored

It turns out that in the Radius.pm file for v3.1 they added the below code
in "sub pack" function.

         else
         {
             # Dont do anything with native attributes with attribute
             # numbers greater than 255, since they are prob
             # pseudo-attributes that cant be translated to the wire
             &main::log($main::LOG_WARNING, "Invalid reply item $name
               ignored", $self),next
                 unless $anum < 255;
         }

The "Ascend-Xmit-Rate" Attribute has a value of 255 which should still be
valid based on what the above code comment says but the way the code is
written the last valid Attribute value would be 254.

So all I did to fix this issue was change this line:

    unless $anum < 255;

    unless $anum < 256;

save the changes and restart Radiator.

---