(RADIATOR) passing information between Radiators and authby question

Viraj Alankar valankar at ifxcorp.com
Mon Jun 3 08:08:53 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 05:32:20PM +1000, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Viraj -
>
> Could you please give me a bit more detail on your requirements?
>
> I am sure we can come up with a better solution than modifying code.

Hugh,

Basically what we are trying to do is handle many different VISPs. Using the
standard flat Handler configuration would require up to thousands of Handlers
for every possible authentication combination in our situation (NAS IP, NAS
IP+DNIS, regex NAS IP, realm, etc...). So the first thing I am trying to do is
move towards the below type of configuration so that the number of handlers
can be reduced.  I want to first check for NAS IP, then branch further down
from there. I believe this will reduce processing quite a bit.

So normally we would have:

<Handler NAS-IP-Address = 1.2.3.4, Calling-Station-Id = 111>
        AuthBy Some_SQL
        if Auth, Append a Class to tag this as a certain VISP for accounting
</Handler>

Where the above AuthBy gets accounting and auth. That is, our VISPs are
defined as some combination of NAS IP, DNIS, Realm, username prefix, or some
regex involving these.

We make this instead:

<Handler NAS-IP-Address = 1.2.3.4>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename nas-1.2.3.4
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

And in nas-1.2.3.4 we would have:

DEFAULT Calling-Station-Id = 111, Auth-Type = Some_SQL
        Class = "visp_info"

This config would seem to work for authentication, but for accounting I am
unsure. I think I just need to add 'AuthenticateAccounting' to the AuthBy
FILE.

Viraj.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au