(RADIATOR) Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS - with Attachments

glenn_pierce at EnterpriseServices.com.au glenn_pierce at EnterpriseServices.com.au
Wed Jul 31 23:48:34 CDT 2002

Hi Miko,

I had this problem recently as well, and as Hugh says it turned out that my
access-accept reply was being NAT'ed on return to the proxy. I had to get
hold of one of our WAN guys and disable NATing for that particular subnet.

Regards,

Glenn.

                    Hugh Irvine
                    <hugh at open.com.a        To:     <miko at yournetplus.com>
                    u>                      cc:     <radiator at open.com.au>
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Re: (RADIATOR) Unknown reply received in
                    owner-radiator at o        AuthRADIUS - with Attachments
                    pen.com.au

                    01/08/2002 01:59
                    PM

Hello Miko -

The problem you have is due to the fact that you are sending the proxy
request to one IP address and the reply is coming back from a different IP
address:

Mon Jul 29 10:22:51 2002: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Sending to 66.97.95.41 port 1645 ....

Mon Jul 29 10:22:51 2002: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Received from 66.97.95.1 port 1645 ....

Radiator keeps track of proxied radius requests using the IP address and
port number to which the request was sent, expecting the reply to come back
from the same place.

I suspect you either have multiple NIC cards in this machine, or you are
using a cluster of some sort.

If you can't fix the target host, you can use the ServerHasBrokenAddresses
parameter in the AuthBy RADIUS clause.

Have a look at section 6.29.20 in the Radiator 3.1 reference manual.
("doc/ref.html").