(RADIATOR) Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS

miko at yournetplus.com miko at yournetplus.com
Wed Jul 31 13:41:52 CDT 2002

Greetings all,,, I am experiencing a rather strange problem proxying authentications to another Radius Server...

Both Systems are running Radiator 3.1 and I can send a test auth direct to the proxy and get an access accept, however when I send through my main radius server I get an accept packet, but I get the error "WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for request 1 from 66.97.95.1:1645" and it fails the auth...

I have attached both machines config files <minus the extra handlers in the main.cfg> as well as trace logs from each machine as well...

The proxy admin and myself are both new to Radiator and tried all that we could, here is a list of our attempts:

1> changed secrets
2> commented out AddToReply statement on proxy
3> used different username/password

Any assustance would be greatly appreciated...

Just as an FYI, I do have my main server Proxying with another machine running radiator and all is fine, though I removed that Handler from the config, it is identical to the one used in this instance with the exception of the realm,ip,secret,etc...

Thank in advance,
Miko