(RADIATOR) Radiator not emptying RADPOOL

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Thu Jul 25 14:07:24 CDT 2002

Hi All, Hi Hugh,

Radiator is not deleting entries in the RADPOOL table when users log off, hence it runs
out of IP addresses after about 30 successful logons based on a particular pool of 30 IP addresses.
I have tried both from a Patton RAS and also a windows 2K server
I have also tried it with  commenting out the DefaultLeasePeriod  and LeaseReclaimInterval
config options - no difference.

My config is as below (I have deleted a few sections):

Another question - I am authenticating my web server against radiator on the same box (separate
database table though) - anything I should know? Any problems?

# Auth & Acct ports
AuthPort		1645
AcctPort		1646
# --- RADAR -------------------------
<Monitor>
	Username radpasswd
	Password radpasswd
</Monitor>
# Online users
<SessionDatabase SQL>
	Identifier SDB1
	DBSource	dbi:Oracle:myOraDB
	DBUsername 	orauser
	DBAuth 		orauser
</SessionDatabase>
# =======================================================
<AddressAllocator SQL>
        Identifier mySQLallocator
	DBSource	dbi:Oracle:myOraDB
	DBUsername 	orauser
	DBAuth 		orauser
        DefaultLeasePeriod     86400
#       LeaseReclaimInterval 86400
        <AddressPool pool1>
                Subnetmask      255.255.255.0
                Range   a.b.c.d a.b.c.z
        </AddressPool>
        <AddressPool pool2>
                Subnetmask      255.255.255.0
                Range   192.168.10.21 192.168.10.50
        </AddressPool>
        <AddressPool pool3>
                Subnetmask      255.255.255.0
                Range   a.b.e.a a.b.e.u
        </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>
# =================== CLIENTs   =================================
<Client a.b.c.a>
        Secret asecret
        DupInterval 0
        Identifier myras
	IdenticalClients a.b.c.c a.b.a.b a.b.k.c b.b.c.d c.d.a.c
</Client>
<Client a.d.d.a>
        Secret another
        DupInterval 0
        Identifier myras
</Client>
<Client 127.0.0.1>
# web server on this box
	Secret myapache
	DupInterval 0
	Identifier anapache
</Client>
# =================== AUTH BYs =================================
<AuthBy SQL>
        Identifier SQLStaffauth
        NoDefault
	DBSource	dbi:Oracle:myOraDB
	DBUsername 	orauser
	DBAuth 		orauser
        AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CHECKATTR from STAFF \
                where USERNAME = '%n' and STATUS = 'Enabled'
        AuthColumnDef   0,      User-Password,  check
        AuthColumnDef   1,      GENERIC,        check
        AuthColumnDef   2,      GENERIC,        reply
</Auth>
<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier SQLClientauth
	NoDefault
	DBSource	dbi:Oracle:myOraDB
	DBUsername 	orauser
	DBAuth 		orauser
	AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CHECKATTR, REPLYATTR \
		from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME = '%n'
	AuthColumnDef	0,	User-Password,	check
	AuthColumnDef	1,	GENERIC,	check
	AuthColumnDef	2,	GENERIC,	reply
</Auth>
<AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
	Identifier myIPADDRESSauth
	Allocator mySQLallocator
	PoolHint %{Reply:PoolHint}
	MapAttribute   yiaddr, Framed-IP-Address
	MapAttribute   subnetmask, Framed-IP-Netmask
	StripFromReply PoolHint
	DefaultSimultaneousUse 1
</AuthBy>
#=================== HANDLERs   ================================
<Handler Client-Identifier=viruse2>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
	RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
	UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -
	MaxSessions 1
	AcctLogFileName		%L/account.log
	PasswordLogFileName	%L/password.log
	SessionDatabase SDB1
	AuthBy SQLClientauth
	AuthBy myIPADDRESSauth
</Handler>
<Handler Client-Identifier=apache>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -
        MaxSessions 1
        AuthBy SQLStaffauth
</Handler>
<Handler>
	# default handler
	<AuthBy RADIUS>
	# Default values for all hosts. You can change them for a
	# single host in a Host clause
	Secret mysecret
	RetryTimeout 1
	Retries 3