(RADIATOR) Maximun sessions

Shaun shaun at btl.net
Tue Jul 23 20:04:52 CDT 2002

Hello,

I'm using radiator for prepaid and post internet service. I have it set up so that for prepaid  it grabs users from an informix database and substracts time and so forth. The problem that i'm having is that i only  want users from this particular database to be able to log in only once. Post-paid users on the other hand authenticate from a flat users file an will have the privelege to be able to do multiple loggin sessions.I would like to know how to specify different "Maximum Sessions" for each. Here is an example of my config file

# more radius.cfg
Foreground
LogStdout
Trace 4
PidFile /tmp/radiusd.pid

LogDir          .
DbDir           .

LogFile         %L/logfile
DictionaryFile %D/dictionary

<Client 206.27.238.242>
        Secret  ***********
</Client>

<Client 206.153.59.179>
        Secret  *********
</Client>

#DupInterval 0

<Realm DEFAULT>
   MaxSessions     1
            AcctLogFileName %L/detail

        WtmpFileName %L/wtmp

        PasswordLogFileName %L/password.log

      RejectHasReason
        AuthByPolicy    ContinueUntilAccept

        <AuthBy SQL>
                Identifier SQL
                DBSource        dbi:Informix:tis
                DBUsername      informix
                DBAuth          l1gaw01

                AuthSelect select password, balancetime from subscribers where (
username='%n' and balancetime > 0)

                AuthColumnDef   0,Password,check
                AuthColumnDef   1,Session-Timeout,reply
                AddToReply      Service-Type = Framed-User,Framed-Protocol = PPP

        AcctSQLStatement update subscribers set balancetime=balancetime-0%{Acct-
Session-Time} where username='%n'

        </AuthBy>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Identifier File
                Filename        ./users
                        </AuthBy>

</Realm>

And here is an example of our users file:

prepaid Password = "prepaid"
        Simultaneous-Use = 2,
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
        Session-Timeout = 300,
        Primary-DNS-Server = 206.27.238.61,
        Secondary-DNS-Server = 206.27.238.61,
        Client-Assign-DNS = Yes,
        cisco-avpair = "ip:dns-servers=206.27.238.61 206.27.238.61"

Could  you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Regards
Shaun Eck
Belize Telecom Ltd
Belize City, Belize