(RADIATOR) Backup SessionDatabase

David Miller dmiller at newportnet.com
Fri Jul 19 11:42:16 CDT 2002

Gonzalo:

At 01:30 PM 7/19/02 +0200, Gonzalo Julián Bécares Fernández wrote:

>Hi,
>
>     I have two radius servers with radiator, and mysql installed only in the
>first one.
>
>     is possible to configure the second radius server to use mysql in the
>sessiondatabase, and also use a local dbm sessiondatabase when it cannot
>contact mysql?
>
>     how can i do it?
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
>     Gonzalo Bécares
>     Ya.com

We have a very similar setup there. He have MySQL installed on each
radiator server. We have each radiator installation use the local MySQL
database as primary and the MySQL database on the other host as the
secondary. The two MySQL databases are replicated in a
master/slave-slave/master configuration to keep them consistent. This
allows each radiator server to use a local session database and also
provides for fail over should one of the databases have a problem, (without
having any problems with the session database tables getting out of sync).
This system has been up and running for a number of months now without a
problem. Setting up the two-way replication was a little tricky, but not
too bad. The MySQL documentation (excellent) has a section on replication
that gives examples of master-slave configuration, but no examples of
two-way replication. I have mysql.cf files as examples it they would be of
any help.

Regards,
David Miller
System Engineer -- Newport Internet