(RADIATOR) Radiator - Probs with Authby SQL

neil d. quiogue quioguen at cpcnet-hk.com
Thu Jul 18 06:14:07 CDT 2002

Hello Christian,

For MySQL:
Trye the MD5 function instead of the PASSWORD function.

For Perl:
For this, you would need to play around with Digest::MD5.  Or if you want a
quick way to do the creation, there's a Perl module from CPAN called
Crypt::PasswdMD5 that provides an MD5-based crypt() function.

Saluti,

Neil D. Quiogue

"Information and attachments herein are intended for the named recipients
only.  It may contain attorney-client privileged or confidential matter.
immediately, and destroy the original message.  Do not disclose the
contents to anyone.  Thank you."

Antwort: Re: (RADIATOR) Radiator - Probs with Authby SQL

> Subject: BOUNCE radiator at open.com.au:    Non-member submission from
> ["Christian Rautscher" <christian at run.bz.it>]
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 04:28:23 -0500
> From: owner-radiator at open.com.au
> To: radiator-approval at open.com.au
>
> >From mikem at server1.open.com.au Thu Jul 18 04:28:22 2002
> Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re:
>  Antwort: Re: (RADIATOR) Radiator - Probs with Authby SQL
> To: Hugh Irvine <hugh at open.com.au>
> Cc: radiator at open.com.au
> From: "Christian Rautscher" <christian at run.bz.it>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:27:12 +0200
>

> Hello Hugh, hello every1,
> is me again with the SQL Problem using MYSQL and Radiator.
> As last-way-out i tried the following:
>
> I reinstalled everything (OS/Radiator/Mysql) and updated the sql Database,
> so that
> my NAS was authorized to request Radiator for an incoming PPP.
>
> Than i tried to connect myself with the Example User (user: mikem pass:
> fred)
> and it worked perfectly!!!!
> At this point i am sure that my Router Configuration + Radiator Config are
> okay.
CHECKATTR,
> REPLYATTR, TIMELEFT ) values ( 'dialin', 'dialin', password
> ('dialin'),'Service-Type = Framed-User', 'Framed-Protocol = PPP', '100');
>
> Than again i got the same error as before.
> That's why i am quite sure that the problem must be the encrypted
Password.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au