(RADIATOR) Translating response attributes per NAS technology

Claudio Lapidus c_lapidus at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 16:45:57 CDT 2002

Hi all,

We have NASes of different brands (Cisco and Lucent, might be a third in the
future) and they are intermixed in the network, i.e. any call can go to any
NAS. Then we proxy the request to a remote radius, which is responsible for
authenticate the end user, but is unaware of the technology of the
particular box. This remote radius can include in its response additional
attributes specifying different services, for example IP filters or DNS
assignments, etc.

The problem is that we need to define a certain dictionary for this remote
radius to communicate its 'extended' services. Perhaps Ascend is most
classic selection here, I think. But then I'll need to translate these
attributes into whatever technology-specific dictionary needed with that
particular NAS. Is there a direct way to accomplish this? I have reviewed
the manual and couldn't find nothing. I can imagine the code of a post-auth
hook for this job, but I would prefer a more standard way, if there were
such a thing.

regards
cl.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au