(RADIATOR) Radiator performance on various platforms.

Nick Rogness nick at rogness.net
Tue Jul 9 12:40:32 CDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Brian Morris wrote:

> From: "Karl Gaissmaier" <karl.gaissmaier at rz.uni-ulm.de>
> > you should tell us what Authentication schemes you wil be using. I think
> > the performance is only comparable using the same auth schemes.
> > We have radiator running under Solaris 9.
>
> Charly,
>
> I am hoping to use Solaris 9 / MySql to authenticate around 20,000
> users on a Sun Enterprise 250 (2x400Mhz UltraSparc CPU's with 2Gb RAM)

	We have no problem authenticating about ~16000+ users on a single
	dual pentium-pro 200 running FreeBSD.  This is all auth'd out of
	flat files for now (Working on AuthBy SQL).  Of course, there are
	weird things that happen once in a while (Like Radiator Blocking
	when you are doing a large change on the Database)...but overall
	I'm fairly pleased with the performance.

	Keep in mind that radius packets are generally small in relation
	to other types of traffic.

	The accounting logs and session database are stored on a MySQL box
	with about 5G used.

Nick Rogness <nick at rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au