(RADIATOR) MySQL corruption

Nick Rogness nick at rogness.net
Wed Jan 30 23:00:56 CST 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Nick -
>
> This is the first time I have heard of such a thing.

	Take a look:

////// First on DB server ////////////////

mngmt1# myisamchk -c ACCOUNTING.MYI
Checking MyISAM file: ACCOUNTING.MYI
Data records:      48   Deleted blocks:       0
- check file-size
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1

////// Test Radiator server ////////////////

# radpwtst -s $host -user nick -password nick -secret secret
sending Access-Request...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
OK

////// Now look at DB Server again ////////////////

mngmt1# myisamchk -c ACCOUNTING.MYI
Checking MyISAM file: ACCOUNTING.MYI
Data records:      50   Deleted blocks:       0
- check file-size
myisamchk: error: Size of datafile is: 7776              Should be: 8100
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
myisamchk: error: Found key at page 1024 that points to record outside
datafile
MyISAM-table 'ACCOUNTING.MYI' is corrupted
Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"

> I would suspect that there is a problem with either the version of
> MySQL and/or the version of DBD-mysql. You should probably check the
> MySQL web site and also do a google search (www.google.com).

	I will do some research...

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au