(RADIATOR) Long lived connection for AuthBy EXTERNAL?

Frank Danielson fdanielson at dataonair.com
Mon Jan 28 11:35:12 CST 2002

We need to get authentication and send accounting data to an external system
that we connect to via long-lived TCP connections. The only way I can think
of to accomplish this is to create an intermediary server of sorts on the
RADIUS server that maintains the connection to the external system and
accepts requests from Radiator via hooks or AuthBy EXTERNAL. My concern is
the overhead introduced by this and I'm hoping that I can do something like
create a socket in a startup hook and pass it to a preauth hook later on.

Frank Danielson
[Infrastructure Architect]

wireless: 407.467.7832
wireline: 407.515.8633