auth with any username and password

Toni Riekkinen toni.riekkinen at raketti.net
Wed Jan 23 09:56:32 CST 2002

Hi,

I need add into my system one more Handler what would allow authentication
with any username and any password, empty ones included.

AuthBy xxxxxx  says "if there are no AuthBy clauses in a Realm or Handler,
then Access requests will be rejected..." So I believe I must use some
simple AuthBy clause... What would be nice way to do this?

I'm thinking of maybe using RewriteUsername because of logging reasons
(rewrite any username to something same), so I guess it would solve the
username... but how about passwords?

In AuthBy SQL manual says that "If the password (or encrypted password)
column for a user is NULL in the database, then any password will be
accepted for that user". How this is done with AuthBy FILE? I rather woudn't
like to load database because of this. The answer is probably too simple for
me to see right now.. :)

++Toni

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au