(RADIATOR) Cisco Packet of Disconnect

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Wed Jan 23 09:20:49 CST 2002

We couldn't get the POD, sometimes referred to as the "Packet of Death",
to work with our 5300's either for Voice over IP. I don't recall if we
ever tried it against a Data connection.

Another standard function that doesn't work on our Ciscos running VoIP
is the simple Session-Timeout. It's broken. So we basically have no way
to kick people offline automatically.

If I recall correctly, the latter issue was confirmed by Cisco, and the
former issue was never resolved, although we had a case open for some
time.

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au