(RADIATOR) Session-Timeout Maximum Value

Brian Morris brian at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jan 22 22:34:43 CST 2002

Hi all,

Session-Timeout is defined as an integer in the dictionary file.  Does
anyone know what the maximum value that can be set for this is?

I guess it would be dependant on individual NAS implementations for an
integer, but has anyone had any success with setting it to a high value (eg
: 604800 - the number of seconds in a week)?  I am thinking that this will
work but would I be pushing my luck to set it at 18 million odd?  (~the
number of seconds in a month)

The reason is that we have some VISP ports on an AS5300 that we can not
directly control to manually disconnect a user, therefore we would like to
ensure that they do not login for what we consider to be "way too long".

Thanks and regards,  Brian.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au