(RADIATOR) IMPORTANT - %{User-Name} and %0 ( whats the difference ?)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jan 15 16:34:51 CST 2002

Hello Hesham -

It is the difference between "%{User-Name}" and "%0" in the context of a
string definition that includes Radiator "special characters" that are
interpreted internally by a routine called "format_special". This routine can
be called with both references to the current request and reply packets, and
with positional arguments. "%{User-Name}" refers to an attribute in the
current request, while "%0" refers to a positional argument as documented in
the Radiator reference manual.

In this particular case (Radius/AuthADSI.pm) there is a bug, as the call to
"format_special" does not include the reference to the current request, so
the interpretation of "%{User-Name} fails, while "%0" works.

Please read through the Radius RFC's and the Radiator reference manual (both
included in the "doc" directory of the Radiator distribution) and also have a
look at the souce code if you are interested.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au