(RADIATOR) Rcrypt Question

KHOO,FRANCINE-TL (HP-Singapore,ex7) francine-tl_khoo at hp.com
Fri Jan 11 01:37:54 CST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to use Rcrypt to encrypt the passwords in my users file for
radiator.

I have created a small perl script using the Radius::Rcrypt, and in this
program i encrypt and immediately decrypt the password. It seems to work as
i get an encrypted string, and it decrypts successfully back to the original
password.

I copied the encrypted password into the flat file user database, according
to the example given in 13.1 Check items of the radiator reference manual,
{rcrypt}<encrypted string>. I have also put the RcryptKey value into my
AuthBy clause.

When i try to authenticate with radius, using a plaintext password, i get a
Bad password error.

Can i please find out how to properly use Rcrypt to encrypt the user
database?
Is my concept of Rcrypt wrong? My understanding is that it stores the
encrypted password in the user database, decrypts the user database password
and subsequently compares it to the plaintext password given by the user.
but it seems like if i encrypt the same password over and over again, it
gives me a different encrypted string each time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanks.

Regards,
Francine.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au