(RADIATOR) Re: Fwd: Huge memory usage

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Jan 6 23:52:19 CST 2002

Salut Romain -

D'abord je te souhaite la Bonne Annee!

Thanks for sending the files (que je les aime!! :).

I can't see anything wrong with what you have configured nor can I see
anything wrong with the trace file.

However, this is the second report of a similar problem in the last month or
so, so we would like to investigate further.

It would be very helpful if you could send us what version of Linux kernel
you are using, what version of MySQL, and copies of "top" and "ps" from the
following: immediately after booting the machine, immediately after starting
Radiator, after one day of Radiator running continuously, then after stopping
Radiator.

As a general comment, if the memory usage does not drop after stopping
Radiator, it follows that the memory being used must be in kernel space not
user space, so this may be a kernel bug.

thanks for your assistance

A+

Hugues

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au